Thursday, May 26, 2011

funny bone therapy


therapeutic humor (noun) : any intervention that promotes health and wellness by stimulating a playful discovery, expression or appreciation of the absurdity or incongruity of life's situations
__________________________________________________

At least according to the Association for Applied and Therapeutic Humor.

I'm sure that you, like me, are amazed that there is such an organization like the Association for Applied and Therapeutic Humor. Perhaps even some of you (like me) are wondering whether the Association for Applied and Therapeutic Humor is looking to hire comics to work some intervention therapy. I for one could use the extra money and am well qualified to "stimulate" the "absurdity or incongruity of life's situations."

However, I thought that my stimulation of the absurdity of life's situations made me more depressed and was not actually a therapeutic self intervention at all.

Silly me!

Dr Steve explains it all on his site - http://www.humormatters.com/definiti.htm

Whoopie cushion anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment