Saturday, September 24, 2011

i gotta be me


self-esteem (noun) : one's overall evaluation or appraisal of one's own worth; it encompasses beliefs ("I am an expert at this job", "I am worthy of a raise") and emotions (triumph, pride)
___________________________________________________________

All well and good until that nasty talent assessment at work, eh? Where one is left believing, "I suck at this job", "I don't deserve a paycheck never mind a raise" and feelings of despair and shame.

That's why it's always good to get one's resume updated before the talent assessment!

And it's also good to remember that with all the myriad of talent assessments out there (from Gallup to Myers-Brigg to 9-Box), in the end it's always going to be about relationships that matter! Good enough reason to stay with that therapist, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment